Training Specialist, Point of Care Diagnostics
We are looking for a dependable Training Specialist to join our Training Services team. In this role, you will provide remote video training on Point of Care (POC) diagnostic analyzers to medical professionals performing patient testing with these analyzers. In addition, you will support Performance Verification assessments, enabling customers to implement and start reporting patient results for POC tests.
Once you complete onboarding, you will be asked to perform an average of three training sessions per day and log the sessions in both MDC and client databases. As you develop your skills and gain experience, there will be opportunities to engage more directly with our POC analyzer clients to develop new training programs.
Successful candidates will be comfortable presenting scientific and medical concepts in a public forum to medical professionals. You will be highly organized and be a good listener to understand customer questions and answer them effectively based on your knowledge and training. If you enjoy helping medical professionals address patient care challenges and are organized, reliable, and open to constructive feedback to help you learn and grow, you will be very successful at MDC.
By joining MDC, you will experience opportunities to grow your skillset and advance your career in a culture where we value everyone and know our success is directly tied to your success. We hope you take the next step to explore your opportunity with MDC.
About MDC Associates
For over 30 years, MDC has helped innovators and entrepreneurs bring in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and medical devices to market and impact the lives of millions of patients around the world, every year. Our mission is to continue to support these innovators by applying our expertise in Regulatory Affairs, Quality Systems, Training, and other consulting services to help them launch new advances that promote and protect our global and local communities’ health. Learn more at www.mdcassoc.com.
By joining MDC you will experience opportunities to grow your skillset and advance your career in a culture where we value everyone, and where we know our success is directly tied to yours. Take the next step to explore an opportunity with MDC by applying for this position.
The Training Specialist will initially work side-by-side with other training team members to learn our processes and current POC analyzer training services. Once ready, you’ll provide training to customers independently, while coordinating activities with the team and your manager. Eventually, there may be opportunities to develop training programs for new analyzers and new clients. Initially, your responsibilities will include:
- Train medical professionals on a variety POC analyzers via video conferencing
- Perform multiple video training sessions in a day
- Become proficient with basic medical terminology as related POC testing
- Schedule training sessions for multiple clients
- Analyze and report on data from laboratory Performance Verification studies
- Respond to customer communications promptly
- Be available for work between 8 am to 5 pm ET, and occasionally from 11 am to 8 pm ET
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, with a concentration in science or medicine, preferred
- Experience in the diagnostics and clinical laboratory industry is preferred, e.g., Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Be comfortable presenting to large audiences across a mix of healthcare professions
- Excellent presentation skills that effectively deliver content to a diverse, professional audience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
- Experience with video conferencing services such as Zoom, Adobe Connect, WebEx, and GoToMeeting, preferred
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (CRMs) is a plus
- Independent thinker with the ability to assess, adapt and cater to the individual needs of those being trained
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Ability to consistently meet client expectations, timelines, and schedules
Minimal travel expected
Manager, Training Services
Our offices are within easy walking distance from the Beverly Depot, allowing for a green commute from Boston and the NorthShore (both Newburyport and Rockport lines).
Pay and Benefits
MDC Associates, Inc, offers competitive salary and benefits, including health/dental, HRA, and 401k with a match. We also support an engaging work environment that provides everyone the opportunity and structure to learn and grow.