The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and the President & CEO to support accounting and front-office functions. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of skills and experience, including accounts payable and receivable functions, general ledger accounting and accruals, among other accounting functions. With advanced analytical skills, proficiency in Excel, and strong attention to detail, the ideal candidate will possess an eagerness to learn and contribute to new projects, quickly expanding their scope of responsibility at our growing regulatory and clinical affairs advisory firm.
About MDC Associates
For over 30 years, MDC has helped innovators and entrepreneurs bring in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and medical devices to market and impact the lives of millions of patients around the world. Our mission is to continue to support these innovators by applying our expertise in Regulatory Affairs, Quality Systems, Training, and other consulting services to help them launch new advances that promote and protect our global and local communities’ health. Learn more at www.mdcassoc.com.
By joining MDC, you will experience opportunities to grow your skillset and advance your career in a culture where we value everyone, and where we know our success is directly tied to yours. Take the next step to explore an opportunity with MDC by applying for this position.
MDC Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MDC Associates, Inc. will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Invoicing and Expense Tracking
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliation
- Financial Reporting, including budget variance analysis
- Directing office inquiries, deliveries, and activities
- Coordinating with vendors for supplies and maintenance
- Client Projects and other functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field or five years of accounting experience
- Four years of general ledger accounting experience
- Two years of office management experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience analyzing and summarizing data for internal reporting
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential situations and information
- Demonstrated use of interpersonal skills, including poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Self-organizes to manage concurrent tasks and objectives
- Desire to learn, contribute and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
Minimal travel expected
Manager, Accounting and Human Resources
Our offices are within easy walking distance from the Beverly Depot, allowing for a green commute from Boston and the NorthShore (both Newburyport and Rockport lines).
Pay and Benefits
MDC Associates, Inc, offers competitive salaries and benefits, including health/dental, HRA, and 401k with a match. We also support an engaging work environment that provides everyone the opportunity and structure to learn and grow.