We’re looking for someone who can handle the routine functions of the HR profession, while at the same time promote engagement and a culture of high performance and continuous growth.
Our people are our most valuable asset. We seek a seasoned professional who can administer pay, manage employee benefits and leave, and oversee compliance and safety practices —all the essentials, while also helping to shape our future. We’re expanding our team and look to the ideal candidate to think ahead and create programs and practices that enhance our culture and reinforce our people. If you can handle or automate the routine and are ready to expand your influence, we’d like to meet you.
About MDC Associates
For over 30 years, MDC has helped innovators and entrepreneurs bring in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and medical devices to market and impact the lives of millions of patients around the world. Our mission is to continue to support these innovators by applying our expertise in Regulatory Affairs, Quality Systems, Training, and other consulting services to help them launch new advances that promote and protect our global and local communities’ health. Learn more at www.mdcassoc.com.
By joining MDC, you will experience opportunities to grow your skillset and advance your career in a culture where we value everyone, and where we know our success is directly tied to yours. Take the next step to explore an opportunity with MDC by applying for this position.
MDC Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MDC Associates, Inc. will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
- Partners with senior management to understand and execute the organization’s human resource policies in line with overall company objectives and culture
- Provides support and guidance management and other staff when complex, specialized or sensitive questions and issues arise
- Administers all routine HR tasks, such as employee onboarding and offboarding, notifying managers of upcoming performance reviews, performance bonuses, benefit management, among others
- Act as an intermediary between management and staff or between employees as needed
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Participates in the talent acquisition/retention process, which may include interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Analyses trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment best practices
- Demonstrated ability to rationally but firmly intercede with managers and staff, providing guidance and accommodation to both parties
- Demonstrated experience shopping, proposing, and implementing ATS and/or HRIS software solutions
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Computer skills including proficiency in use of Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English language
- Effective time management skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Minimal travel expected
Our offices are within easy walking distance from the Beverly Depot, allowing for a green commute from Boston and the NorthShore (both Newburyport and Rockport lines).
Pay and Benefits
MDC Associates, Inc, offers competitive salaries and benefits, including health/dental, HRA, and 401k with a match. We also support an engaging work environment that provides everyone the opportunity and structure to learn and grow.