Interested in being part of a growing company in a role where you work collaboratively with internal teams and external clients to identify, define and initiate new projects? MDC is seeking an ambitious Business Development Manager to lead the proposal process, including coordinating communication and content development in response to request for proposals (RFP) to close new business opportunities. This position works closely with the Regulatory, Clinical Operations and Quality Systems teams and relies on timely communication with Accounting, Finance, and Executive team members to ensure comprehensive responses to client needs.
Founded in 1990, MDC Associates is a leading IVD Quality Systems, Regulatory Advisory firm, and Clinical Research Organization (CRO). MDC seeks long-term partnerships with clients and shared mutual commercial success. We support our clients from product concept through to market launch.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join an exciting and growing company. This position is a key member of the Business Development team and will be a critical contributor to the overall company growth and expansion.
Each employee can make a difference at MDC and has the power, either individually or collaboratively, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced, and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
- Present MDC services to new clients, identify, cultivate, and close new business
- Respond to new client requests, develop project pricing, work with functional team leaders to understand project resources and project scheduling
- Lead proposal process, including assessing client needs, reviewing product specifications/presentations, developing, and executing proposal creation and negotiation
- Develop project scope and budget detail for MDC services, establish proposal / project delivery timelines, schedule, and lead internal and client meetings to close business
- Lead as project manager by responding to all assigned client proposal requests
- Keep internal teams abreast of new business pipeline and maintain list of active proposals
- Source necessary information for proposals from RFPs, independent research, functional teams, and clients as needed
- Ensure timely communications related to entire proposal process
- Maintain current CRM data with new leads and proposals, track wins, losses, client feedback, communication with clients, budgets, and other documents as requested
- Lead presentation development and delivery, assist with report preparation and proposal tracking
- Contribute to promotional materials to be used for business development activities
- Attend industry conferences, meetings, and events
- Bachelor’s degree required; biology, chemistry, clinical or science related discipline preferred
- Experience in vitro diagnostics, laboratory medicine, or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience in sales, business development or proposal generation, preferably in a scientific field or Clinical Research preferred
- Ability to interpret request for proposals, understand and manage proposal development for assigned clients
- Understanding of costing or pricing models and strategies, including gross margins
- Must be a team player with the ability to engage and influence cross-functional team members
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, monitor and communicate new trends in the medical in vitro diagnostic industry
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Ppt, Excel), Smartsheets, Zoom and CRM business supporting applications
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while working independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentations skills, and project management capabilities
- Ensure work meets client and company standards
For over 30 years, MDC has helped innovators and entrepreneurs bring in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and medical devices to market and impact the lives of millions of patients around the world. Our mission is to continue to support these innovators by applying our expertise in Regulatory Affairs, Quality Systems, Training, and other consulting services to help them launch new advances that promote and protect our global and local communities’ health. Learn more at www.mdcassoc.com.
By joining MDC, you will experience opportunities to grow your skillset and advance your career in a culture where we value everyone, and know that our success is tied to yours. Take the next step to explore an opportunity with MDC by applying for this position.
MDC Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MDC Associates, Inc. will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
30% travel estimated
COVID-19 precautions are ongoing and may impact travel schedules.
In-Office: Beverly, Massachusetts | Remote-Eligible
Position can be located in-office, hybrid or remote; New England location preferred for remote candidate but not required. Expected scheduled time in corporate office for team and corporate meetings as requested. Our offices are within easy walking distance from the Beverly Depot, allowing for a green commute from Boston and the North Shore (Newburyport and Rockport lines).
Pay and Benefits
MDC Associates, Inc, offers competitive salaries and benefits, including health/dental, HRA, and 401k with a match. We also support an engaging work environment that provides everyone the opportunity and structure to learn and grow.
- Salary + bonus
- Medical and dental insurance
- Generous PTO / Sick time policy
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other duties as company expands and the needs of the organization change.